How to Cook Green Beans:
1. Clean and prepare your beans. If you’re not a bean person, make this ahead of time so you can enjoy green beans all week long!
2. Prepare your sweet potato if you’ve chosen to go that route.
3. Remove the skins from your green beans and clean them by wiping them clean with a wet paper towel, soaking them for five minutes with water, then rinsing with clean water. They should come clean easily without getting too wet. Set aside.
4. Place your sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water until they reach their desired sweetness.
5. Bring to a boil on the stovetop, then boil for 30 minutes or until soft. Drain well.
6. Turn off the heat and use a fork to break down the beans into small chunks. Add them to the sweet potato mix, stir to combine, and cover with a lid.
7. Allow the beans and sweet potato mixture to cook on the stovetop for 15 to 20 minutes, until the beans are creamy.
8. Mix with your green beans and cook until the mixture is fully cooked through.
These green beans and sweet potato recipes are a great combination for a quick and delicious weekend meal! They’re perfect for using up leftover fresh sweet potato, green beans, and green onions. Feel free to substitute your favorite beans and sweet potato combinations. If you’re craving something sweet, add a drizzle of olive oil to the beans before baking to add a bit of flavor!
If you’re a vegan, simply replace the sweet potato with a vegan bean or vegetarian sweet potato, as long as you can find these ingredients locally.